Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Weekend Update

What a nice weekend! I traveled to Temperance & Toledo on Saturday, hurrying along in the morning with plans to surprise Fred for his birthday (the 4th). Little did I know that the surprise was on me - he arrived 2 hours later than planned due to travel delays.

We had a great time, anyway, and it all started with Fred opening some birthday presents. He was blessed by a lot of different loved ones, so that was fun.
Then, we went out to dinner to celebrate at Longhorn Steakhouse - a restaurant which, despite our server's "Hi-diddly-doodly!" greeting, was tremendous. Fred had "one of the top 5 best steaks" he's ever had - an 11 oz. New York Strip cooked to perfection (medium-rare, with light, savory seasonings & grilled shrimp on top - mmmm!).
After dinner, I gave Fred a painting I have been working on for quite a long time now. I forgot to take pictures of it, maybe I'll update this post some time in the future when I have taken a photo of it.

Anyway, the gracious Wagners supplied me with a soft bed to sleep in, a warm shower, and breakfast in the morning. Someone also supplied my car with breakfast, too, as I woke to find it had been egged. Hilarious, people. And how did you manage to get it to slide INTO my rear window, even though it was closed?

BCC's worship & teaching service was encouraging, as usual. It was fun to get to have Fred next to me in the pews for the first time in a long time - usually he is involved in the worship team. After service, the hospitable Flood family circus (I kid) invited me to join the Everfree Master's Commission for lunch, fellowship, and a leadership talk over at their house.
I can't describe to you the pleasure I received in their company and in Beth's homemade enchiladas & cookies. Muy bueno!

I also made a new friend, Miss Bryn Flood. I taught Bryn how to make smiley baloney.
She, in turn, tested the limits of my embarrassment with some superb questions about relationships. My favorite getting-to-know-you moment went like this:
Bryn: "Are you a kid or a mom?"
Me: "I'm an adult."
Bryn: "Oh. Well do you have any kids?"
Me: "No, I'm not married."
Bryn: "Well when are you getting married?"
Me: "You'll have to ask Fred that."

After hours of refreshing conversation with Pastor Rick & Beth, we bid our adieus and finished off the day with a light supper and quality time session with Aaron. A lovely ending to a weekend well-spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures you took! It was a lot of fun hanging out at Pastor Rick's house too.