Thursday, October 01, 2009

Resurrection & New Life

The title of this post is probably a little misleading. It consists of two very deep, meaningful elements of the Christian faith, but that's not what this post is about. Today, it is about the resurrection of this blog and the new life I've come to experience over this extremely dynamic last year. Here's a quick timeline refresher:

  • May 30, 2008 - got engaged
  • July 10, 2008 - quit my job as a teacher @ PHS
  • August 30, 2008 - got married
  • September 5, 2008 - went to Europe (extended honeymoon!)
  • September 17, 2008 - returned from honeymoon
  • September 22, 2008 - moved to Troy where Fred started his new job
  • November 2, 2008 - found out I was pregnant
  • February 2, 2008 - started a full-time, temporary position as a school secretary at Red Hill
  • May 30, 2009 - became a full-time homemaker (and a VERY pregnant one, at that)
  • June 29, 2009 - delivered my first-born, a healthy baby boy, Dean
  • July 18, 2009 - went "back to work" as a photographer, this was my 1st of 4 weddings in 6 weeks
  • September 25, 2009 - started working again @ Red Hill, this time once a week as art teacher

Needless to say, I have experienced a lot of change this year and have been learning the art of "adjustment." There are many little lessons that all combine to prove our mastery of adjustment... one of which is that we will never be fully ready, fully able, or fully adjusted to the extent that we can handle what is next. Whether the circumstances thrown our way are good, bad, or ugly, we can only find rest and true peace in adjusting through the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. It is Jesus' friendship that loves us through circumstances of all kinds, His constant reminder that "I AM," and Oh, How He loves us.

Some things have been harder than others to adjust to, but I know that I can keep learning and growing alongside God, which is a great blessing to me.

3 comments:

The Petersons said...

You're back!!!! I am so glad. :)

MeganBritt said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeee-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!