Sunday, October 22, 2006

Blood is Thicker than Water

I'm just thinking a lot about this passage of Romans (8:15-17):

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a Spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, " Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
I really want that to be true in my life and in the lives of my loved ones and for the entire Kingdom of God. And it IS true, already, but we aren't really living up to it. I'm not really living in the constant joy of the realization that I am not "on my own" anymore - I'm an adopted daughter of the ONLY King. What's more, I'm His heir, along with Christ, who suffered and died for me to become a part of the family. It's getting deeper, I know...
Maybe more later.

No comments: