Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.

This past weekend I made a trip to Chicago to shoot photographs of engaged friends Jenn & Jarred. I went to college with Jenn, and we seemed to settle in with the same crowd. When a small number of us became somewhat obsessed with Saved By the Bell and had a semester-long spat of assuming the characters most like our own personalities, she was the only girl to consistently call me "Jessi." Anyway, she and Jarred will be wed in the spring and have a very creative idea that they will be using these photos for.

The first set are of the happy couple...








































































This next set are a few of my favorites...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are FANTASTIC. as I was looking through them, I kept thinking, "I have to tell her I really like this one..." but then I just kept saying that for every one...I love them!! Seriously, Em, you are amazing at photography. And Jenn and Jarred are adorable!

Emily said...

em- i REALLY appreciate your enthusiastic praise. it's a fun thing to develop, and coming from you that is a great compliment. you have a pretty nice, intuitive sense of composition. i am excited for Houglum's (Topping's?) wedding. i'm counting on you to help point out shots for me. :)
and to keep me sane.
oh, AND to make me laugh so hard my gut hurts.

Ann-Marie said...

these are terrific shots, emily! you have a keen eye. the ones of jen and jarred are beautiful (they are so cute together!), but as a native chicagoan, i particularly like the local scenes.

nice work!

ps--a fun thing to "develop"? har har?

Emily said...

Oh, AMoF. You are so punny. ;-)

Melissa said...

love it. our plan was to take pictures at chicago landmarks like this, for our landmark-named tables at the reception, but we never got around to shooting at 18 different locations...so we simply used stock photos of the sites we wanted. boo. :( we have fun ones from montrose harbor and wrigley field, at least! these are great, em. you're so talented!