Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shower #1

This last weekend, my future mother-in-law and my future cousin-in-law (and current friend & bridesmaid!) were gracious enough to host a bridal shower for me. It was PERFECT. We had a Pampered Chef party (ladies, I highly recommend this to ANY bride-to-be) at church, and enjoyed a luncheon together with a few games and prizes for good measure. I was only slightly embarrassed to don several "princess" type items, including a foofy skirt, a pink boa, a Bride-to-Be sash, and (worst of all) a tiara. My embarrassment was my guests' pleasure, and it really cut the ice for those who didn't know each other to enjoy a slight mockery of my ridiculous ensemble.


My coronation.


A noble curtsy.


Cooking with style.

Mmmm - carrot cake, brownies & cookies!

I had a great time, and I feel truly blessed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Such fun! Showers of love to you, my dear. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... I especially love the pic of you in perfect curtsy. And also even though I was waiting for you to update as mentioned in your previous blog entry, I was busy working out of doors and getting an impressive tan.