Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Day Well-Spent

This week I had the opportunity to go to one of my favorite artistic places, a studio where I always learn something new and where everyone is welcomed to get creative - the West Michigan Glass Society. I have taken two classes on field trips in the past two years, and always try to stop when I make it to the occasional Art Hop. This time, however, was different than my field trips and drop-ins: I was given the opportunity to both create four works of art, and to mingle with other art teachers in the county. It was just what I needed: a day away from school, a chance to meet others in my position and swap ideas, an opportunity to learn new concepts and skills (particularly when I got the opportunity to create my own blown-glass ornament), and a full day of using my brain and spirit in a way that I LOVE - creating artwork!
 

colored glass


concentration



a work in progress


 
 
blowing glass



my finished blown-glass ornament



3 of my 4 finished pieces - the 4th is still a work in progress

5 comments:

MeganBritt said...

Let's talk about TALENTED and AMAZING, my friend! This stuff is fantastic! You inspire me in so many ways - you have no CHOICE but to be my friend for life! love!

Emily said...

Awww, thanks, you! I think I can work that "friends for life" arrangement.
I had a lot of fun doing these - I am still high from being able to do the glass bauble. I'm scared to put it up on the tree, especially since it's Maizie's first Christmas...

MeganBritt said...

i love that you replied to my comment on your own blog... ;)

i cannot WAIT until Sankta Lucia!

emmajane said...

I agree--amazing!! although, you in that hat reminds me of britney spears or some reason.

and megan--she always does that :) hehe.

love you...both!

Melissa said...

wow - beautiful pieces, emily! i LOVE that ornament. :)