Monday, March 10, 2008

If You've Read This Far, You're Obligated

You, the reader of this blog, are stuck. You cannot turn back, and you cannot turn away. You are reading my words and the further you go, the farther it is from where you feel that you can stop or turn back. Every word you have read so far has influenced you and have created a conscious decision to go forward, to read on, to finish the blog. Perhaps you started reading this portion thinking that it would amount to something, and perhaps it will. I make no promises. Regardless, you're in this for the long haul.

Whether you are a first-time passer-by, a frequent visitor, a devoted reader, a comment-bearer or a silent stalker from afar, your obligation is the same.



COMMENT ON THE FOLLOWING:
What should I be when I grow up?



I've been doing a lot of thinking about this lately - probably because I've reached my quarterlife crisis (thank you, John Mayer, for coining that phrase for me). Anyway, leave me note of some sort that speaks to this topic. 
Now. 
Because you have to. 
Because I said so, and you read so.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ballerina! Marine biologist! Pottery shop owner! Honestly, I don't have an answer for you because I'm still stuck in my own crisis. I can tell you, though, that I'll be praying for you and that I am full confident that whatever you do will succeed as a result of your talent, wit, charm, intelligence, beauty, and perseverance.

MeganBritt said...

you should be Pocahontas, and paint with all the colors of the wind.

Anonymous said...

I'd say do what ever God is leading you to do. Well that's just what I think.