Saturday, March 01, 2008

Thirsty in Temperance

This weekend I had the privilege of visiting Bedford Christian Community Assembly of God, where I attended a "Dwell" worship service. Dwell is a time set aside by the church to worship Jesus in song, prayer, and reflection, it is a time to dwell in the presence of the Lord. The church was set up just enough to offer a myriad of options to personally worship God, but without unnecessary distraction (except for a meddling photographer, ahem*). Several communion stations were available, a free-standing prayer wall was poised to accept the written prayers of attendants, another wall offered existing prayer requests for intercession, and the altar was open for business.

The theme of this Dwell service was "Thirsty," and I have to admit that's exactly how I came into church that night. Though I wish it weren't so, it's not often that I take time to reflect and acknowledge how desperate for God I am. It was a divine night of freedom, where I was reminded of my freedom to exist and worship God - what a supremely big deal that is!

I had a great time meeting many new people and was offered a lot of grace throughout the whole weekend - thanks be to God! And thank you, too, BCC.
       

1 comment:

Nate Elarton said...

Great Pics!! That was a great night of worship.