Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Time to Gather Stones Together

Our annual "See You @ the Pole" public school prayer assembly took place (IN THE RAIN!!!) this morning. It was so encouraging, so refreshing, so blessed to see over 20 students outside the school that I teach at this morning as I pulled in the parking lot. A small group of around 10 students meets weekly in my room for a bible study, so it was surprising and awesome to see a few more faces that I didn't know shared in relationship with Christ Jesus. The students, along with 2 faculty members and 2 parents/community members took turns lifting up our school, staff, leadership, students, community, and nation to the Lord in prayer for over a half-hour before school started (which is no small thing - first bell is @ 7:40 a.m.!) I snapped a few shots, and I was grateful that the students, faculty, and community members present had their eyes closed so they couldn't see me shed a few tears in praise to the God that brings together and redeems all that we lose.

No comments: