Thursday, February 14, 2008

Red, Passionate Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way, it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things... So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
-I Corinthians 13:4-7, 13-


On the way to work today, I started seeing red. Allow me to clarify: I was sulking, thinking about my own situation, how my Valentine is so very far away right now, discontent as could be. I know, I know - poor me. 


Suddenly some red lights caught my eye - lights atop four broadcasting towers - and my Love invaded my sad little heart with a message:


I love you so much that I bled for you, that I gave and gave and gave until the only thing left to give was my life over to death. But because of the purity of my love, death couldn't keep me. Every time you see red today, think of Me. Think of my passionate, enduring love for you, and know that you are My Beloved.


Thus, on behalf of the Lover of your soul, I urge you to have a Happy Valentine's Day, because the Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob loves you. And we love because He first loved us - 
passionately.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

happy valentine's day - belatedly! :)