Thursday, December 13, 2007

Faith, Hope & Love Abide

If you get a few moments would you please pray for my college friends Matt & Nicole Kennedy? Matt is 2 years older than me & led a mission trip that I went on (2003 Spring Break to Appalachia). Nicole hung around the art building, Wilson Hall, where I had the opportunity to meet her. They married shortly after graduating from NPU. The couple are hilarious, kind, good people who love God. They recently had their first child, a baby girl named Evangeline "Evie" Marie just before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately she was born with heart defects and they have been at the hospital ever since, going through a TON of tests, procedures, surgeries, and recovering. Evie died this week when they took her off a machine that was beating her heart for her. (see the blog they made for her)
I know it's impossible to do, but I have tried to put myself in their shoes to best of my ability and I am AMAZED, astounded at their faith, their hope, and their love for Evie & others. To think that less than a month ago they were worried about changing diapers properly and are now planning a memorial service for their little baby girl is beyond unfortunate. It is so clear, however, the maturity and the desire that God has for a deeper relationship with Him and for this couple & their baby to be used as a beacon of light. It is clear because in this cloud of uncertainty, chaos, and destruction, the very faith, hope, and love portioned for Matt & Nicole has been openly shared and distributed to all who meet, know, or love them.
This too, shall pass, but not without glory being to God and the hope of Jesus Christ being shared joyfully among a sorrowful people. Truly, 1 Corinthians 13:13 is being manifested in this situation, in this time, and in these obedient people.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Praying with you and the Kennedys. Have been since I heard the news.