Monday, December 24, 2007

Movie Premier

My dad decided to oblige my mom's Christmas list and get her what she really wanted - our home videos converted to digital format & stored on DVDs. He went on to surprise her by secretly doing the conversions himself, recording them between classes at school and during athletic events he was supervising. When it came to giving her the gift, he didn't disappoint - he set up a private screening of her favorite home movie at the Performing Arts Center in the high school where he teaches (and where all of us kids attended - Ali still does).
After a family (plus one) dinner, we had my poor, nervous, sick-to-her-stomach mother put on a blindfold and drove her around in the most confusing manner, back to the school. Dad & Fred went inside and set it all up while Jake & Alison slowly walked her into the PAC. I photo-documented and giggled. Mom was completely surprised and thrilled. And the sickness subsided.



Ali, Jake, & Nervous Nellie in the car on the way to mom's surprise.



Jake & Ali get Mom out of the car - I leave the shutter open for a while to catch the action.


The blind leading the blind?


Jake & Fred walking ahead to secure the school.


Dad's silhouette, running to open the other door.

Surprise!


My proud dad, playing the converted memories.


A thank-you hug.



Jake & Ali, enjoying the embarrassing moments we captured on film FOREVER.


(I made them take these) Ali's boots.


Jake's "I can't help but look cool" shoes.


One can only wear Christmas socks one time a year, so I make the most out of mine (even though they don't match).


Fred casually (ha!) got in on the shoe-photographing party, too.

No comments: