Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 DAYS!!!


 That's right, 2 days until I am officially off the market (REMEMBER THE CONSTRUCTION! Click here for details.). The time has FLOWN by, as I knew it would. I just couldn't comprehend what it would be like. I am hoping my wedding day doesn't go by in such a blur that I can't recall it well. It will help that we are video taping it, and will have photos, but I really want to be present and basking in those moments. I want to mean my vows when I say them.

Yesterday I finished editing the wedding pics from last weekend. I only need to burn them to a disc & ship them off today, which is a HUGE weight off my shoulders. They turned out pretty well, I was really excited to see some of the images that I wasn't sure about transform into beauties. It didn't hurt any that the bride was a blushing, beautiful, blue-eyed babe. Her groom cleaned up nice, too. I'll post some of them - sometime. Or maybe a link to their Smugmug gallery.

This morning I am getting things ready to take to the church, so I can start setting up the reception as much as possible. Fred is helping me, and maybe some of his family. Nick comes back in the afternoon, and a whole car full of girls I love will pull in around that time, as well. They have planned some kind of bachelorette party for me, so that should be... interesting.

In effort to keep my mind and heart more on the present (and less on "what's next?" mode), a couple of my friends who were recently married left me some messages on my blog and Facebook wall. I thought they gave very sound advice. I'm wondering if anybody else has some advice for the girl about to get married in 2 days?

PLEASE comment, if you have something to share. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have a hunch you'll mean those vows with every ounce of your being. Praying for and rejoicing with you - and wishing you many, many years of laughter, deep and abiding love, faithfulness, and the trickiest of all...learning how to disagree with grace and respect. :) A good friend once told me that when things get sticky in marriage, she reminds couples (and herself!) that "It's not about how I'm feeling right now, it's about the commitment I made." Take that one to the bank!