Thursday, August 21, 2008

9 DAYS!!!

I'll be a Mrs. in a mere 9 days! Unbelievable.

In other news, one of my future brothers-in-law is leaving the state soon, and I am going to miss him! Nick is taking off this weekend for North Central University in the Twin Cities, where he will pursue his post-secondary degree. He's been knocking off credits at a community college for a while, and is excited to move with the Lord, following His will and pursuing His presence. He'll fly back next weekend for the wedding, but it will be short-lived.

I am just thrilled for him. In remembering how formative my college years were for me, and I am so proud of the decision he's made. While I'm extremely sad that he will now be 9 hours away from me (11 hours from our new home!), I am blessed that he has moved into a certain Dearest Friend's "neighborhood," and that I'll get to spend time with both of them now, when we visit. I know that I'll see him for holidays and breaks, too, and already plan to visit when I attend her wedding in October.

So in tribute to my new brother, a College "To-Do" List:
1. Glorify God.
2. Have fun.
3. Soak in the education.
4. Try lots of new things.
5. Some things aren't worth trying - don't give in to the masses.

 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope these are the best 9 days of anticipation you ever experience, Emily. And best wishes to your soon-to-be brother-in-law!

Ashleigh said...

ah nine days ! thats so cool em!
And as for the post that is for nick , thanks for writing it, if its alright , ill take the advice too. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Fred's going to cry... he's so sentimental... but anyway good for Nick!