Wednesday, August 27, 2008

3 DAYS!!!

 days. 
I can scarcely believe I am allowed to type that!

The next three days will be filled (and I mean FILLED) with as much preparation as we can shove in before Fred & I marry on Saturday. I keep asking him if he's nervous, and he insists that he's not. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous - not about marrying Fred, but about the whole wedding. We of course want everything to go off without a hitch, so we are preparing and praying as much as possible before Saturday. I have purposed to enjoy the day on Saturday, no matter what happens and no matter what anybody says to me. I am marrying the man I love and we will share the company of many friends & family. What's not to love?!

This may be one of the most surprising seasons of my life, as I mentioned all of the surprises yesterday. Add one more to the mix, because my best girl called me last night and told me that she was not, in fact, driving 9.5 hours overnight with her fiance on Thursday night to arrive here in the wee hours of Friday morning. She is instead flying to Chicago, then driving here on Thursday afternoon with all of the rest of my girls! She even took a personal day @ work for me, I am so grateful. Not only will she be here to spend more time with me, but she will be in town for my bachelorette party (another surprise - they are kidnapping me) tomorrow night, and able to sleep over and help out with everything on Friday. Her fiance will drive solo all the way in on Friday and stay through Sunday and they'll drive back on Sunday, so he is a hero in this, too!

I AM SO EXCITED!!! And blessed!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aren't best friends...the BEST? Enjoy these next few days. My piece of advice (as if you asked) is this: yes, there is a lot to be done. Yes, this is your last chance to get that stuff done. But it's also your last few days as a single woman, your last days in the season God has cultivated and grown you for quite some time in preparation for the next, a few days to spend with the many people who love you. So as much as there is to be done, and as much as getting it done will help you enjoy Saturday...also remember that you need to relax and enjoy THESE days, as well. Take several deep breaths, a bubble bath, the chance to laugh and giggle and play a bit. The to-do list will get done nonetheless, and you'll be a little less edgy come the Big Day!