Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Shower #3

The third shower that was given to me was no exception to the abundance of blessing, fun, and fellowship that marked the first two. This time it was hosted by family friends Laurie Krum & Nancy Haas, and held in the Krums' amazing, immaculate pool area. There were many sweet, fun, fine ladies in attendance - many from different parts of my life. In the game that we played, each woman was "randomly" called upon by myself (drawing a gift from a basket that matched the gift she had chosen from another basket) and was asked to introduce herself to everybody else, and to describe a first, early, or otherwise significant memory of me. It was so fun when some women were able to say they knew me before I was born, and to have other young women whom I have only just met this year share my joy. What a blessing to hear these women speak fondly of memories I share - words can't describe the joy it was to share in. (Moreover, my future mother-in-law got to hear some "great Emily stories" that she didn't know, and got a little peek into the early Emily. Basically, she got to hear how far the nerdiness goes back into my childhood - it's deep, nearly fathomless. I may have been cool at some point during my early toddler days, but it's hard to say.

It was just a taste of the joy that Fred & I will share in 11 days when we say our vows in the presence of God, family, and many, many friends. (Insert annoyingly high-pitched squeal here.)

No comments: