Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4 DAYS!!!

  days!

Yesterday, I was overwhelmed with surprise. First, I found out that we do in fact have a place to go after our wedding. We don't leave for our honeymoon until the eve of September 4, so we have a few days to kill before then. Fred made plans to go up north to Ludington and stay in a cabin there - a PERFECT way to relax.

My second surprise came in the form of my parents' wedding gift to Fred & I - a pair of matching kayaks! I was a little worried when my dad told us, "This gift we are going to give you has never even graced your mind, you've never even thought of it." That being said, he was a little nervous to give it to us for fear that we hadn't thought of it because we didn't want it! It turned out really well, though. Fred & I were elated! We can use them on our camping trips, and maybe even take them up north with us!

Last little note, below are some shots from Friday's engagement session with Jimi & Jill. They are such a cute couple! I couldn't decide which shots to edit, so I did all 200 of them! Jimi has been on active duty in Asia over the last few months, and was supposed to come home a week & a half ago. Just a week before he was supposed to come home, he was given the bad news that there was not enough money and he wouldn't be able to come home just yet.
So Jill prayed. And her family prayed. And her friends prayed.

And Jimi came home! He was given his ticket just hours before his plane left from Japan.

So in celebration of his homecoming and in anticipation of his upcoming wedding to Jill, we braved the rain on Friday morning and got some GREAT shots. Thanks for a fun morning, Jimi & Jill!


"Come-hither" at the KIA.


Little Dutch kids always kiss.


Fields of gold.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great shots, Em! And I'm so excited to hear about your honeymoon - what a wonderful time you and your HUSBAND (!!!) will have!